Why not adopt a shark on behalf of someone you love? Choose from six different Scottish species and receive a personalised certificate along with an adoption pack containing puzzles, a photo of your shark including details of it’s size and weight and our fish factoids book. Plus you receive updates whenever it’s re-caught detailing how it has changed and where it has been. Most importantly however, by adopting one or more sharks today, you will be directly contributing to the conservation of these remarkable and vulnerable native animals.
A perfect gift for someone else or even for you…perhaps you’ve tagged a shark on behalf of the SSTP and would like to adopt it? Want everlasting proof of that 225lb monster skate or that huge 2m Tope?
For a one off payment of just £10, now you can!
Simply choose your species, name your shark, provide details if your adoption is a gift for a loved one and finally click the Buy Now button below to go to Paypal to complete your purchase.
The species to choose from are…
The SSTP works tirelessly in it’s pursuit of the following:
- Tag and record data on many of the shark, skate and ray species found within Scottish coastal waters
- Increase public awareness highlighting the need for shark protection
- Encourage use of “codes of best practice”
- Highlight sea anglers conservation efforts
- Show that sea anglers, as ‘Citizen Scientists’, are a vital part of data gathering
- Show that properly managed sea angling stocks can provide huge socio economic benefits, and
- Can directly contribute to shark fisheries management
Why Save Sharks?
Most sharks serve as top predators at the pinnacle of the marine food pyramid, and so play a critical role in ocean ecosystems. Directly or indirectly they regulate the natural balance of these ecosystems – at all levels – and so are an integral part of them.
The effects of removing sharks from ocean ecosystems, although complex and rather unpredictable, are likely to be ecologically and economically damaging.