We are looking to take advantage of the vast knowledge base which has been accumulated by our community in order to create a wave of respect for the marine environment amongst others. To do this we need to train volunteers to deliver our material in a safe and enjoyable manner.
We are offering you the opportunity to become a Dreamstore Level 2 Coach.
It’s free – The cost of the course is covered.
We have secured a number of places on the next coaching course, which will be run at Blairgowrie over three weekends 14/15th April – 28/29th April – 19/20 May. The course involves:
- Risk assessment – Keeping yourself and your participants safe,
- Learning styles – Tailor your sessions specifically to the needs of others,
- Coaching methods- Different approaches to delivering a session and engaging and motivating your participants.
- Disability awareness- Designed by the British Disabled Angling Association.
- Session Planning- How to plan a coaching sessions
- Communication skills – The use of feedback and questioning
- Goal setting – Keeping your participants motivated and working to agreed goals
- Child/vulnerable adult protection – Know what to do and when do it
- First aid.
It’s a thoroughly enjoyable, nationally recognised, up to date course – which you will find useful in everyday life as well as within our educational outreach programme.
If you are interested, please respond via the ‘Contact Us’ function.
P.S. If you are already qualified as a coach and would like to get involved in our programme, please get in touch.