The successful candidate will work alongside our recently recruited SSTP Project Officer to assist in the further development of the SSTP website and the use of social media as well as undertaking a number of activities to increase public awareness throughout Dumfries and Galloway of the goals and objectives of SSACN and the Shark Tagging Programme.
It is anticipated that the appointment will last for approximately one year on a 15 hrs/week basis (rates negotiable). Travel and subsistence will be paid for pre-approved activities; applicable internet / telephone costs will be repaid and a computer system will be supplied if required.
The successful candidate will be expected to work from home. The hours may generally be worked on a ‘flexitime’ basis, however, the Project Officer will occasionally be required to work specific hours to support educational / communication initiatives and in support of major events.
The successful candidate will need to be based in the Dumfries and Galloway region.
- Self motivated and able to work independently/proactively.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the Project.
- Administratively well organised, keeping clear records of work undertaken.
- Knowledge of social media, web technologies and standard office applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to go offshore in small boats.
- A current full driving licence and own transport.
- Good presentation skills.
- Experience of liaison with schools, public sector bodies/local authorities.
- An appreciation of the dynamics of small rural communities.
- Experience in external funding applications.
- Experience of angling.
Closing date for applications is 18/06/2011.
If you’d like to know more or are interested in the position please email your CV to email@example.com.
The funding for this position is through a package put together by the Dumfries and Galloway LEADER Programme and Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH)